Job: Senior-Level Technical Support Representative
We will train you to support our software and support the platform it lives on (SharePoint Online)
Job Summary (Primary Function)
Provide technical assistance and support to end users for Windows computer users (and occasionally Macs). This includes broad Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe applications with a heavy requirement for understanding general Windows desktop software interoperability.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Desktop set up and troubleshoot software issues or training issues for users of our proprietary software, including support for the Microsoft 365 SharePoint Online environment.
- Responds to support inquiries regarding our software.
- Responds to platform inquiries and issues (Microsoft 365) as well as diagnoses software interoperability problems from clients.
- Instructs users in use of software.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager and / or users.
- Will be required to research solutions to interoperability issues (SharePoint Online Platform) as well as occasionally read how to manuals, or webpages to determine system needs or enhancements, or ways to assist clients.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance, while working from a home office.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties / responsibilities may be assigned to this position at the manager’s discretion.
Job Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Ability)
- Extensive Working knowledge of PC’s, and related hardware (If you know Macs too, that’s a bonus).
- Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft 365 platform solutions and Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrate effective and accurate verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- To be able to effectively respond to clients, prospects, and team members by telephone, email, and chat.
- To be able to write Software Manuals (How To’s) and other documentation for customer distribution.
- Ability and knowledge on how to use screen cap and sharing technologies (i.e., Zoom, Teams, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to multitask.
- Accepts assignments with an open, cooperative, positive team-oriented attitude.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Operations and Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) required. The deeper the knowledge the better.
- Bonus and Extra consideration given to people with Document Management Experience.
- This Job requires six months on the job to become minimally proficient.
- High School Diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technology experience preferred over formal technology education.
- Six months or more of technical support or helpdesk experience (Preferred).
- Call center or customer facing experience (Preferred).
- Exercise independent judgment, resourcefulness, and effective problem-solving techniques.
- Strong Communication Skills
- MS-700 and/or MS-100 (Preferred)
- SharePoint Online Experience (Mandatory).
- Microsoft 365 / Office 365 Experience (Mandatory).
How to apply
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to choose any format you deem fit for your application, like video, writing, PowerPoint or any form that portraits you in the best way. We’re looking forward to your application.